As July comes to a close, we here at Sunlighten are gearing up to celebrate our 12th Anniversary in August!
It’s been a long road but a fun one! As we look back at 12 years of exclusive, breakthrough innovations and the creation of superior infrared heat technology, we can’t help but be so excited for the future.
How did we get here from there?!
- 1999 – The Journey Begins – Sunlighten™, formerly Sunlight Saunas, is founded by Jason Jeffers (brother of current co-owner Connie Zack) as a result of a deeply personal experience with the healing power of infrared therapy.
- 2002 – Aaron and Connie Zack join Sunlight Saunas as co-owners.
- 2002 – Solocarbon® Technology is Born -– This breakthrough technology changes the industry by combining high infrared emissivity with large surface area for high efficiency. Ceramic heaters become obsolete.
- 2003 – Say Hello to Solo® – This revolutionary one person sauna incorporates Solocarbon® heaters in a multi-dome design & proves to be highly effective.
- 2003 – Solo® Core Body Testing – Clinical testing shows a statistically significant rise in core body temperature with a Solocarbon® heater, vital for a deep detoxifying sweat.
- 2004 – The company relocates to new headquarters in suburban Kansas City and is listed in Entrepreneur’s HOT 100 Fastest Growing Companies in America.
- 2004 – Proof of High Emissivity – Clinical testing completed by the Far Infrared Applied Association in Osaka, Japan shows Solocarbon® heaters emit nearly perfect levels of infrared heat.
- 2005 – Proof of No Off-Gassing – Testing done by the APEX Environmental Agency confirms no off-gassing on Solocarbon® heaters.
- 2005 – Sunlighten™ Saunas Prove Heart Healthy– UMKC study evaluating the effects of Solocarbon® infrared therapy on health shows blood pressure reduction with regular use.
- 2005 – Signature™ Series – The first wooden sauna to offer clinically-tested Solocarbon® heating technology.
- 2005 – Magne-Seal® Assembly – Patented magnetic locking system eliminates the need for unsightly clips for the most secure & seamless construction available.
- 2006 – Sunlight Saunas headquarters expands and the company is listed in INC Magazine’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- 2006 – American Heart Association – New partnership with AHA helps healthy hearts with annual contributions through a portion of sales during American Heart Month and numerous fundraising events.
- 2007 – Sunlight Saunas offices expand again, into a new 40,000 square foot location.
- 2007 – Select® Series – A best-in-class sauna makes its way to the market to offer high quality at an exceptional value.
- 2008 – SO Sound Enhancement – Ground-breaking technology adds another layer to the sauna experience bringing you to a deeper state of relaxation.
- 2008 – Sunlight Saunas wins the Small Business of the Year award from the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.
- 2009 – Sunlight Saunas becomes Sunlighten™ to better position the company to offer a broad range of wellness products incorporating infrared heat technology in the future.
- 2010 – Breakthrough Solocarbon® Full Spectrum – 1st & only sauna technology to offer full spectrum infrared to precisely target health needs with a proprietary blend of customizable wavelengths.
- 2010 – Next Generation Sauna – mPulse™ Series – First smart sauna featuring Solocarbon® Full Spectrum, biofeedback capabilities, LCD touch-screen, FSC-certified wood and a contemporary design.
- 2010 – Official 2010 CES Innovation Winner – The mPulse™ Series is selected as an Official 2010 Consumer Electronics Association Honoree in Health & Wellness with official recognition at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show.
- 2011 – New! Natural Sauna Cleaning Kit – Introducing Sunlighten™ Natural Cleaners made specifically for use within your sauna, formulated from all natural, non-toxic ingredients.
- 2011 – More New Products T.B.A.!
During our 12 years in business, we have stayed true to our mission of shifting people’s focus away from disease treatment and towards disease prevention.
We’ve met and helped thousands of people across the world, spreading the word about the powers of infrared heat therapy in the health and wellness industry. This company was founded because of a deeply personal experience with infrared healing and we want to continue to share this experience.
Looking forward to helping empower YOUR wellness for the NEXT 12 years and beyond!