Sunlighten Software Update
This update fixes:
- Bugs associated with media apps
- Allows for the download of new apps from the Google Play Store.
- Sauna’s temperature sensor readings (negative temps)
- Future updates will be available directly through the tablet without having to use an external drive.
This update applies to Android version 6.0 or higher. To check the Android version on your control panel, go to the “settings” menu and click on “set up your wireless connection”. Scroll down and click on “about tablet”. The Android version should be listed. If you have an older Android version, please call Customer Care at (877) 292-0020 ext 402 for further support.
To update: Insert USB with update.zip loaded into the USB port to the immediate right of the power button (under USB flap). If the install pop-up doesn’t appear, please reboot the control panel with the USB drive remaining inserted into the port. – To reboot, press and hold the power button for 1-2 seconds and release. A pop-up window will appear and tap reboot.
Steps to Update Android 6.0 Tablets
- Click the link above to download zip file (Do Not Unzip contents).
- Once downloaded, copy the zip file onto a USB drive with at least 500 MB of space. The name of zip file MUST be saved as “update.zip”. Any other name variation will not work. Click here to watch video
- Turn on your tablet. Go to Settings and take note of the serial number before starting the update process.
- Navigate to the Home Screen and end any current program.
- Insert the USB drive in the USB socket on the front bottom right of your tablet (under flap).
- The update will prompt for install, follow on-screen instructions to complete.
How to Fix Netflix on your Android Tablet
As we continue to work on a permanent fix to getting Netflix running on the tablets, we have established a workaround in the meantime. Click the button below to download step-by-step directions. If you’re still facing issues contact Customer Care at 877.292.0020 x402.