Professional-strength Near Infrared LED Light Treatment
Fight aging, relieve pain and heal deep tissue in just a few minutes
lumiNIR + WAND
Energize Your Cells with Near Infrared Essentials
Scientific research conducted by NASA shows that when delivered at the vital wavelength of 880nm without extreme heat or light, NIR promotes skin renewal, cell health, wound healing, and tissue growth.
Starter Kit Includes:
- lumi Wand
- lumiNIR Near Infrared LED for cell repair
- USB Charging Cable
- Eye Goggles (recommended for blue or red light treatments near the eyes)
- Travel Bag
- Quick Start Guide
Availability: In stock
LED (Light Emitting Diode) therapy is not new. In fact, it has been around for a very long time. LED light has long been used to assist with plant growth in green houses because of its ability to rejuvenate cells.
Once doctors, scientists and researchers were able to test out LED light therapy with people, the results were unanimous. LED light has numerous health benefits, including skin rejuvenation, cellular turnover, tissue repair and pain relief.
LED light therapy is a form of photobiomodulation that utilizes non-ionizing light sources in the visible (400–700 nm) and near-infrared (700–1,100 nm) electromagnetic spectrum. There are multiple colors of LED light therapy that help the body. Each LED light color penetrates the skin at different levels, assisting in different types of healing.
Infrared energy is part of the sun’s invisible light spectrum and is necessary for all living things to grow and flourish. Near infrared (NIR) is the shortest infrared wavelength and penetrates as much as 6 mm beyond the surface of the skin.
Sunlighten has harnessed the specific spectrum of light needed to trigger a natural, photo-biochemical reaction. This recharges the cell’s mitochondria and stimulates cellular turnover.1 To achieve the maximum penetration, we used NASA research to develop a patented LED array that provides NIR at a singular wavelength with minimal variability and virtually undetectable heat and light.
The lumiNIR LED attachment emits 880 nm for the deepest tissue penetration. Several studies have shown similar results:2
- 155% increase in cell and tissue growth
- 36% decrease in wound size
- 50% reduction in cell death
Since near infrared is invisible light, we added one red light so you know the light is on and working.
Red LED light therapy is the most common of the LED therapies with wavelengths ranging between 633-700 nm. The optimal wavelength is 660 nm for light absorption to reach a depth of 2.3 mm in the dermis.1 Red LED is used to help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, redness and inflammation, and increase collagen and elastin production. Red LED light has been shown to enhance the detoxification process within the lymphatic system, helping reduce inflammation caused by extra fluid and waste stored in the skin. By reducing inflammation in the body, this also assists with the reduction of joint pain.
By using a blend of red and NIR light, you can target two different levels of cells simultaneously. The red light wavelength at 660 nm combined with the near infrared wavelength at 880 nm promotes healing by increasing oxygen flow to the joints and muscles for natural pain relief.3
- Reduces Inflammation
- Eases Muscle and Joint Pain
- Promotes Cell Regeneration
- Stimulates Tissue Growth
- Increases Wound Healing
Blue LED light is a short wavelength (400-470 nm) and only penetrates the skin about 1 mm. However, it has been proven by the FDA to kill the bacteria associated with some forms of acne.4 Blue LED light therapy assists with the reduction of acne by increasing the porphyrin oxygen levels in the skin. Acne is caused by the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes). This bacteria is found on the skin and in clogged hair follicles. For the most part, this bacteria can be relatively harmless; however, if follicles become plugged, the low oxygen levels and accumulating sebum create a prime environment for the growth of P. acnes. The blue light from LED excites the porphyrins which causes them to release free radicals into the bacteria, killing them from the inside out.5 Since blue LED light therapy also increases blood circulation, it helps decrease inflammation and reduces the size of blemishes caused by acne.
- Cleanse and dry skin.
- Turn on device and select intensity level (see chart below) – treatment begins once the intensity level is set.
- Place light directly on clean, dry skin.
- Device will beep when treatment time ends.
- Move on to your next treatment area.
|lumiNIR Intensity Options|
|The lumiNIR offers four intensity levels. Level 1 is considered one dose. This is the minimum amount needed for a treatment. You can increase the dosage based on your need. See the lumiNIR treatment protocols in the next FAQ for more information.|
|Intensity Level||Light Indicator|
(the light on the device will change color for each level)
|Level 1 (default)||Green light||35 seconds|
|Level 2||Blue light||1:10 minutes|
|Level 3||Green/Red light||1:45 minutes|
|Level 4||Red light||2:20 minutes|
Each light spectrum targets a different level below the skin’s surface. Our protocols were developed based on scientific research to give the best result for each concern. This treatment chart is meant to be a guide. Dosage can be adjusted up or down depending on the severity of the concern. Time to results will vary for each individual.
|Concern||Lumi LED||Dose||# of Treatments||Time to Results|
|Acne||lumiCLEAR||Level 4||5x per week||2-4 weeks|
|Wound Healing (surface)||lumiSPORT||Level 2||3x per week||2-4 weeks|
|Wound Healing (deep tissue)||lumiNIR||Level 1||3x per week||2-4 weeks|
|Skin Inflammation (for conditions such as psoriasis)||lumiGLOW||Level 1||3x per week||2-4 weeks|
|Photorejuvenation (sun damage, age spots, rosacea, pore reduction)||lumiGLOW||Level 1||3x per week||2-4 weeks|
|Wrinkle Reduction, Skin Firmness||lumiGLOW||Level 1||3x per week||2-4 weeks|
|Pain Relief, Joint and Muscle Inflammation||lumiNIR||Level 2||Daily as needed||1-4 weeks|
Use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth and water or rubbing alcohol to clean the LED attachments. Makeup wipes also work well. Do not immerse in water at any time. The back of the LED heads must remain dry.
- Daniel Barolet, M. (2008). Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) in Dermatology. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 228.
- Harry T. Whelan, Ellen V. Buchmann, Noel T. Whelan, Scott G. Turner, Vita Cevenini, Helen Stinson, Ron Ignatius, Todd Martin, Joan Cwiklinski, Glenn A. Meyer, Brian Hodgson Lisa Gould, Mary Kane, Gina Chen , James Caviness. NASA Light Emitting Diode Medical Applications From Deep Space to Deep Sea. CP552, Space Technology and Applications International Forum-2001, edited by M. S. El-Genk. Copyright 2001 American Institute of Physics 1-56396-980-7/01.
- Whelan et al; Effect of NASA Light Emitting Diode Irradiation and Wound Healing. Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine & Surgery, Volume 19, Number 6, 2001, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc, pp. 305-314.
- Blue light therapy for acne – Medical News Today.” 3 Sep. 2017, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319254.php. Accessed 12 Oct. 2018
- “IDI News » Porphyrins – The International Dermal Institute.” https://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/news/tag/porphyrins/. Accessed 11 Oct. 2018.