Powerful Benefits of Sunlighten Infrared Therapy
Inspired by Nature. Made for Healing.
Sunlighten Sauna Health Benefits
Sweat Out the Toxins
Sunlighten saunas, with the deepest infrared penetration, can help increase blood flow and perspiration. Sweating is one of the body’s safest and most natural ways to heal and maintain good health by helping to eliminate toxic heavy metals, drug residues and hormone disruptors 5-7.
Boost the Immune System
Heating the body from inside can improve the function of the immune system just like fever can14. Therefore, regular Sunlighten sauna use can help reduce the incidences of cold and flu, or even help you recover faster.
Enjoy Deep Tissue Relief
Infrared therapy can increase blood flow and reduce inflammation10,8. Sunlighten infrared saunas can best penetrate tissues to relieve aches and pain. Far-infrared sauna therapy has been shown to help with pain from fibromyalgia and autoimmune conditions, such as Sjogren’s, Behcet’s, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis11.
Boost Metabolism & Lose Fat
Our specific near-infrared wavelength stimulates sluggish metabolism and improved fat burning for energy8. Increasing core body heat can increase calorie burn, similar to exercise. Infrared saunas also help with the elimination of toxins that cause fat storage9.
Experience Bliss & Reduce Stress
Enjoy the euphoria and relaxation from endorphin release, just like after exercising, sweating, or even meditating in the gentle radiant heat2-4. The therapeutic heat will leave you refreshed providing relaxation to calm your mind.
Improve Heart Health
Infrared therapy can help your heart work better by exercising the heart, reducing blood sugar, and improving circulation12. In addition, Sunlighten sauna have been clinically shown to reduce blood pressure13.
A Passive Cardio Workout
The elevation in one's core body temperature from a Sunlighten sauna session produces an increase in blood flow that mirrors the benefits of a passive cardio workout. Increased circulation from infrared heat reduces inflammation, decreases pain and aids in muscle recovery.
Heal Wounds Faster & Minimize Scarring
Our advanced Solocarbon Custom Spectrum heating technology has the unique ability to heal wounds faster and minimize scarring through the use of near infrared LEDs. No other sauna has this capability.
Slow Down & Reverse Aging
Heat-shock responses are like exercises that help your body function as new. In addition, stimulating your metabolism with out near-infrared spectrum can improve skin renewal and slow down aging.
Many professional athletes use Sunlighten saunas to recover from their training and injuries. Our mid-infrared spectrum can best penetrate joints and improve flexibility. Far infrared therapy is known to help with muscle soreness, whereas near infrared helps with tissue regeneration.
How Sunlighten Saunas Maximize Health Benefits
Maximize Infrared Healing Benefits with Sunlighten Solocarbon Technology
Sunlighten Near-Infrared LED Maximizes Anti-aging Benefits
Sunlighten mPulse saunas generates 880 nm near-infrared light using patented LED panels. The 880nm near-infrared can best penetrate the skin (3 mm) and activate the mitochondria to provide the most health benefits. Longer wavelengths, such as 900 – 1000 nm, do not penetrate as deep and may contribute to skin aging.
Most comforting and relaxing sweat from mid- and far-infrared
Sunlighten mid-infrared element can best penetrate tissues and joints, and generate the most heat from inside the body rather than the air. Our far infrared elements have been clinically shown to increase core body temperature up to 3℃ (~5.4℉), which is best for increasing sweat and detoxification. Our mid- and far-infrared spectra are optimized for the best absorption for relaxation and health benefits.
Sunlighten mid- and far-infrared heaters emit the infrared spectra that provide the most health benefits, both through heating and non-heating mechanisms. All infrared and sauna therapies generate heat, which provides some heat-related benefits, which are independent of non-heating benefits from specific mid- and far-infrared spectra. Sunlighten saunas do not generate unbearable levels of heat, allowing you to stay in the saunas for longer and reap more overall health benefits. Longer wavelengths, such as 900 – 1000 nm, do not penetrate as deep and may contribute to skin aging.
Non-thermal benefits of Sunlighten physiology-compatible infrared spectra
Blood vessel health
Sleep quality and daytime energy
Pain and discomfort
What Experts are Saying
1. Avci, P. et al. Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: Stimulating, healing, restoring. Semin. Cutan. Med. Surg. 32, 41–52 (2013).
2. Hussain, J. & Cohen, M. Clinical Effects of Regular Dry Sauna Bathing: A Systematic Review. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine vol. 2018 (2018).
3. Laatikainen, T., Salminen, K., Kohvakka, A. & Pettersson, J. Response of plasma endorphins, prolactin and catecholamines in women to intense heat in a sauna. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. Occup. Physiol. 57, 98–102 (1988).
4. Kukkonen-Harjula, K. & Kauppinen, K. How the sauna affects the endocrine system. Ann. Clin. Res. 20, 262–266 (1988).
5. Sears, M. E., Kerr, K. J. & Bray, R. I. Arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury in sweat: A systematic review. Journal of Environmental and Public Health vol. 2012 (2012).
6. Crinnion, W. Components of practical clinical detox programs–sauna as a therapeutic tool. Altern. Ther. Health Med. 13, S154-6 (2007).
7. Lennox, R. D. & Cecchini-Sternquist, M. Safety and tolerability of sauna detoxification for the protracted withdrawal symptoms of substance abuse. J. Int. Med. Res. 46, 4480–4499 (2018).
8. Hamblin, M. MECHANISMS OF LOW-LEVEL LIGHT THERAPY. photobiology.info/Hamblin.html (2008). Last accessed Dec 4, 2019.
9. NIEHS. Obesogens. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (2019).
10. Ervolino, F. & Gazze, R. Far infrared wavelength treatment for low back pain: Evaluation of a non-invasive device. Work 53, 157–162 (2016).
11. Matsumoto, S., Shimodozono, M., Etoh, S., Miyata, R. & Kawahira, K. Effects of thermal therapy combining sauna therapy and underwater exercise in patients with fibromyalgia. Complement. Ther. Clin. Pract. 17, 162–166 (2011).
12. Beever, R. Far-infrared saunas for treatment of cardiovascular risk factors: Summary of published evidence. Canadian Family Physician vol. 55 691–696 (2009).
13. Edwards, B. & Kort, H. A study of the health benefits of far infrared sauna therapy. (2001).
14. Evans, S. S., Repasky, E. A. & Fisher, D. T. Fever and the thermal regulation of immunity: The immune system feels the heat. Nature Reviews Immunology vol.15 335–349 (2015).